Friday 5 August 2016

Funday Friday - Truth or Lie? Nancy Holland - Month 4 Week 1


Welcome to the latest edition of Truth of Lie. My name is Rachel and I will be your host, for this exciting new game show. Each Friday, I will have one contestant, and they will be answering 13 questions. There is of course one small twist...

For three of the answers, they have to lie. It is your task as the viewer to guess which three answers are lies. You are allowed 3 guesses and I want them posted into the comments field. 

Every 4 weeks, I will close the guessing, count up how many correct answers each of you has, and create a leaderboard. Anyone who is top of the leaderboard, will go into a draw for a paperback of the winners choice (open internationally). 

Please do include a way for me to contact you (email or twitter or similar), so that I can let you know if you have won. 

The weekend after a 4 week period closes, not only will I produce a leaderboard, and announce a winner, I will also let you know into the true answers, and which were the lies.  

Closing date for the fourth month is 11pm on 1st September 2016. 

So without further ado, let's meet today's contestant. 

Good morning contestant, please can you tell me your name and a little bit about yourself?

Hi! I'm Nancy Holland and I write short contemporary romance with a kick for Harper Impulse UK. I have two books out now -- Owed: One Wedding Night and the one just out in ebook this week, Found: One Secret Baby

Pleased to meet you Nancy, I hope you enjoy taking part in Truth or Lie? 

Now onto the show, and remember everyone, Nancy hasn't been entirely truthful with three of these answers, so it is up to you to guess which ones they are (only 3 guesses per person though). 

1) Who is your favourite author?

That's a tough one, as I have so many writer friends whose books I love. Outside of my personal circle, I'd have to say Jayne Ann Krentz/Jayne Castle/Amanda Quick because she's a great writer and has a kind of book to match every mood.

2) What book do you wish you had written?

The Lord of the Rings

3) Tell me about any really memorable dream or nightmare you have had

They usually don't stick with me for long, but recently I had a nightmare that was clearly the plot for a very dark urban fantasy -- definitely not my genre!

4) What was your most memorable holiday ever?

[I'm assuming you mean holiday in the British sense] I'd have to say the first time I went to Paris. I've been a few times since, but there is nothing like the first time you see the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and all the other wonders of my favorite city. 

5) If you could be an animal what would you be and why?

It depends a bit on my mood, but right now I'd say wild cat, probably a black jaguar.

6) What superpower would you love to have?

Flight

7) Can you describe for me what your perfect day would involve?

Sleeping in (of course), coffee in bed, a swim in a nicely warm pool overlooking the ocean, fresh fruit and croissants for breakfast with maybe a mimosa, time with my husband and dear friends, a gourmet lunch, a massage, then a book, another swim, maybe a nap by the pool, a gourmet dinner with champagne, and time alone with my husband. 

8) Besides reading, which I am guessing is a given, what other hobbies do you have?

I'm a rock climber.

9) Who is your ideal Disney character?

Belle from "Beauty and the Beast" -- all those books!

9) What is your best childhood memory?

Time at the family cabin in the southern Sierra Nevada mountains.

10) What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to music? 

Opera, especially Wagner

11) If you could only look at one view for the rest of eternity, what or where would you like to be to see this view?

On the central California coast -- ocean, mountains -- perfection

12) If you won the lottery, how would you spend the money?

I'd buy a Tesla and a big house in Florida

13) What are you most scared of?

Failure or ridicule. If you mean material things, falling. (I was dropped and injured as a small child.)

Thank you Nancy for that enjoyable interview, I also love Belle, especially since she gets the Beast, but I will admit when you said Wagner, I thought of the novelty contestant on UK X-Factor a few years back, who is nothing resembling an opera singer! 

I hope you have enjoyed this edition of Truth or Lie? I will be back next week with another episode, and in the mean time...
Don't forget to guess the lies, to be in with a chance of a prize! 

About Nancy Holland
Born in California (and always a California girl at heart), I'm now a teacher in the Upper Midwest. My husband and I are lucky enough to have two smart, wonderful children who live on opposite coasts of the US.

Twitter: @nancyholland5
Website: nancyhollandwriter.com



Uncovering her secret…

LA lawyer Rosalie Walker will do whatever it takes to protect her adopted son. She promised his mother before she died that she’d look after him and keep him safe from his paternal family. So when delectable Morgan Danby walks into her office in search of his nephew, she must keep the baby in her care a secret—even if one look from Morgan makes her want to share everything with him…

As a favour to his step-mother— the woman who actually raised him, unlike his real mother who abandoned him as a child—successful businessman, Morgan is searching for the son of his incarcerated step-brother. He can tell Rosalie is hiding something and the temptation to seduce her for her secret is strong, but will he be able to handle the consequences once all is revealed…?


Buy links for Found: One Secret Baby
B&N http://tinyurl.com/j63ycn3

Amazon  http://tinyurl.com/ht7jxhq



3 comments:

  1. I have no idea but will say 3, 5 , 8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, the cover photo though has sparked a story idea.... Thanks for the post!

    Lisa @ https://hopewellslibraryoflife.wordpress.com/2016/08/09/gal-pal-beach-day/

    ReplyDelete
  3. No idea either – 2, 9 and 10.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...