Friday 17 March 2017

Book Review - Forever Geek by Holly Smale

Amazon UK
Title: Forever Geek
Author: Holly Smale
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Harper Collins Children's Books
Publication Date: 9th March 2017
Rating: 5 Stars


My name is Harriet Manners and I’ll be a geek forever…

The FINAL book in the bestselling, award-winning GEEK GIRL series is here!

Harriet Manners knows almost every fact there is.

Modelling isn’t a sure-fire route to popularity. Neither is making endless lists.
The people you love don’t expect you to transform into someone else.
Statistically you are more likely to not meet your Australian ex-boyfriend in Australia than bump into him there.

So on the trip of a lifetime Down Under Harriet’s to-do lists are gone and it’s Nat’s time to shine! Yet with nearly-not-quite-boyfriend Jasper back home, Harriet’s completely unprepared to see supermodel ex Nick. Is the fashion world about to turn ugly for GEEK GIRL?

It’s time for Harriet to face the future. Time to work out where her heart lies. To learn how to let go…

Number of times I lost track of where I was, while reading Forever Geek - Plenty, I have no idea where my commutes went

Length of twenty minute lunch break while reading Forever Geek - at least 30-35 mins, and I'm not sure I finished all my lunch yet. 

In a world where there are thousands upon thousands of books vying for our attention, I'm not sure I know what the odds were that I cam across Forever Geek, or in fact any of the Geek Girl series, but I am so glad that I did. I also know that Harriet Manners would be able to give precise odds on that and many other unlikely circumstances, as is evidenced in this latest book. 

Straight up if you have read the rest of this series, then you absolutely must 100% without a doubt read Forever Geek, the brilliant conclusion to the series, and you really do get a sense that this honestly will be the last book featuring Harriet Manner, super geek / model with the way everything is concluded, which I can't talk about as it would be spoiling it. 

In fact I really not sure I want to say much about this book, purely as it is so great that I think it needs to be read for itself. 

The majority of it is set in Australia just a few days after book 5 ends, and amongst other things in Australia, there are modelling opportunities, the boy she hasn't spoken to in 6 months and is adamanth she is over, nor will bump into, her best friend Nat and her fashion empire to launch, and Bunty her beloved grandma. 

The first modelling assignment in this book, from start to finish is pure Harriet Manners, the loveable, well meaning character that I adore. She stumbles into a job, doesn't quite get the gist of what she is actually being asked, while her brain goes off at a tangent, and the consequences are hilarious, as is the whole nature of that shoot. 

If you haven't read any of the Geek Girl series, then my best advice would be to start. Don't worry if you are an adult, I'm in my early thirties and found so much to enjoy with the series, and they are very easy and quick to read too. I love being able to embrace my inner geek, and pick up all sorts of random facts while I'm following Harriet Manner's adventures. 

Forever Geek is the perfect way to round off this amazing series, I have read all of the six main books and loved every second of all of them. All I can say is I am really looking forward to seeing what else Holly Smale has for us,  as I am definitely a convert! 

Thank you so much to Harper Collins Children's Books and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...